Future Global Leadership at Tohoku University:
International degree courses taught in English
Tohoku University has practiced its core principles of "Research First" "Open Doors," and "Practice-Oriented Research and Education" since its founding in 1907. With its commitment to world-class research and lush campuses in the city of Sendai, Tohoku University is an ideal place for international students wishing to study in Japan.
Tohoku University's Future Global Leadership Program (FGL) offers three outstanding undergraduate degree courses, taught completely in English: Advanced Molecular Chemistry, Applied Marine Biology, and International Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. All three courses provide students with both a solid foundation in the fundamentals of their chosen fields and exposure to the very latest cutting-edge research. Excellent academics combined with horizon-expanding cultural experiences make FGL an excellent choice for students seeking to assume international leadership roles during their academic careers and beyond.
- 2013/04/10 Results of the 2nd Stage Entrance Screening have been announced!
- 2013/03/08 Tohoku University held an international symposium "Global HR Development and International Coeducation" on March 7, 2013.
Results of the 1st Stage Entrance Screeninghave been announced!
- 2013/01/15 Job Fair for International Students details announced.
- 2012/12/18 Tohoku University held an international symposium "The Great East Japan Earthquake and international cooperation" on December 15, 2012.
- 2012/10/12 Undergraduate Degree Program Application Guideline and online application now available.
- 2012/09/27 The FGL Program held its Entrance Ceremony for 2012. Click here for a group photo of this year's students and professors!
- 2012/08/27 Undergraduate Degree Program Application Guideline will be available from early October.
- 2012/08/17 Tohoku University FGL Summer School 2012 was held from August 6 to 8.
- 2012/07/30 Tohoku University FGL Summer School 2012 will be held from August 6 to 8.
- 2012/07/19 New student interviews added to videos
- 2012/04/09 New video added: Tohoku U. FGL Undergraduate Courses w/ Chinese subtitles
- 2012/03/27 Meet Us events for prospective students updated
- 2012/02/10 <Announcement> Results of 1st Stage Entrance Examination
- 2012/02/01 Application for 2012 FGL undergraduate program now available for 2nd recruitment period (due MAY 31, 2012)
- <closed>Reminder: Applications for the 2012 FGL program are due January 31, 2012
- 2012/01/10 "Meet Us" events updated
- 2011/12/19 Visit the new FGL Facebook page!
- 2011/12/15 FGL has a new blog.
- 2011/12/06 The FGL website has been redesigned. Please update your bookmarks.
- 2011/11/10 "Meet Us" Event Info updated
- 2011/10/05 "Videos and Downloads" is now available
- 2011/9/13 "Tohoku University Today: After the Earthquake (blog)" has been updated
- 2011/9/13 "Page for Parents" for undergraduate students is now available
- 2011/9/1 Applications for Undergraduate Degree Courses Taught in English for the Enrollment of FY 2012 starts today
- 2011/8/17 Tohoku University is participating in Study in Japan Fairs in Thailand, Korea, Sri Lanka and Denmark in September
- 2011/8/1 Announcement of the Applicants Accepted to the Undergraduate Degree Courses Taught in English for the 2nd Recruitment Period
- 2011/7/22 "Tohoku University Today: After the Earthquake (blog)" has been updated
- 2011/7/15 <Annoucement> The Global 30 University-Business Joint Forum on August 3, 2011 (Wed)
- 2011/7/11 "Tohoku University Today: After the Earthquake (blog)" has been updated
- 2011/7/8 Announcement of the second stage examination candidates for 2nd recuitment period.
- 2011/7/1 "Tohoku University Today: After the Earthquake (blog)" has been updated
- 2011/6/24 Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) introduces interviews of international students who decided to come to Japan after the earthquake.
- 2011/6/10 "Tohoku University Today: After the Earthquake (blog)" has been updated
- 2011/6/2 Staff Profile page is now available.
- 2011/6/2 "Tohoku University Today: After the Earthquake (blog)" has been updated.
- 2011/5/17 "Meet Us In Your Country" has been updated.
- 2011/5/12 "STUDY in JAPAN" is now available from our website.
- 2011/5/12 "JUMP" is now available from our website.
- 2011/5/11 "Student Club Activities" at Tohoku University now available from our website.
- 2011/5/11 Center for International Exchange at Tohoku University has posted a message on the Great East Japan Earthquake for all international students outside Japan.
- 2011/4/27 "Tohoku University Today: After the Earthquake (blog) " is now available
- 2011/4/27 Great East Japan Earthquake(2011.3.11) Updates is now available
- 2011/4/15 Announcement of the Applicants Accepted to the Undergraduate Degree Courses Taught in English for the 1st Recruitment Period
- 2011/3/28 [New] The new FGL undergraduate courses admission information is now available.
- 2011/2/14 Announcement of the second stage examination candidates.
- 2011/2/7 Job Fair 2011 for International Students will be held on February 12 (Sat) at Sendai International Center.
- 2011/2/3 International Education Fairs will be held in Poland and Taiwan in March 3-5 and March 12 respectively (See "Meet Us In Your Country" for further details).
- 2010/12/1 Study in Japan Fair will be held in Delhi, Bangalore and Bangkok. (See "Meet Us In Your Country" for further details).
- 2010/12/1 <Application Deadline January 18, 2011> The FGL undergraduate courses start accepting application forms from January 4 for the first recruitment period.
- 2010/11/16 Joint Request for Improved Global 30 Support (Japanese only)
- 2010/11/10 Tohoku University Day was held in Amoy, Beijing and Chongqing (China)
- 2010/10/13 "Meet Us In Your Country" is now available
- 2010/09/28 Study in Japan Fair at Jakarta and Kota Surabaya on October 2 & 3 (Indonesia)
- 2010/06/15 Calls for applications for associate professors (Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering & Social Sciences/Liberal Arts) <Closed>
- 2010/04/01 Tohoku University Day was held at Bandung Institute of Technology (Indonesia)
Back to top